One of the great things about generosity is that it can take place anytime, anywhere in any way – and it can put a smile on anyone's face.
Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Day, Feb. 17, 2019, by offering small, spontaneous positive gestures to brighten someone’s day and help make the world a better place.
Take the Random Acts of Kindness challenge
Here are a few easy and fun ways to make a difference:
- Smile. Smiling is free – and it can be contagious.
- Place a special note in your kids’ backpacks or lunch bags for the following day.
- Donate gently used clothing or household items to a shelter or thrift store.
- Brush snow off a coworker’s car in the parking lot.
- Invite someone to go to lunch or church with you.
It feels good to do good
The concept behind Random Acts of Kindness Day is simple: When you do something nice for someone, everyone involved feels good.
If you’re looking for more ideas, check out the Thrivent Action Teams Hub. Then let your imagination – and your heart – lead you. One small act of generosity can lead to a ripple effect of kindness.
Not a member yet? Learn more about why Thrivent is different.