We've met and exceeded our COVID-19 matching campaign goal! We received more than $2 million in donations and we increased our match amount to $1 million for a total impact of more than $3 million.
And while the match has been met, you can still make a fee-free online donation through Thrivent.com, and we'll make sure 100% gets to the organizations you care about.* Additionally, we’re committed to providing you with impactful ways to make a difference from afar. See below for some ways to get started and check back often!
Doing good from your own home
- Direct Thrivent Choice Dollars®. We have more than 40,000 organizations enrolled in Thrivent Choice. There are many food banks, shelters and other community organizations that need critical funds right now. Direct Choice Dollars® today.
- Lead a Thrivent Action Team. Check out a list of unique ideas to help give back and make a difference in your community. Get started today.
- Share your expertise. Connect online through social media and share your gifts. Personal budgeting, art, cooking, yoga and nutrition are all timeless and relevant topics.
- Be a pen pal. Drop a note to people in care facilities who may not be allowed visitors or send thank you notes to first responders, teachers or healthcare workers. Self distancing doesn’t have to mean self isolation.
- Check in on your network. Call, text or email friends and family members. Your support is invaluable when emotions are high.
- Help limit food insecurities. Offer to shop for the vulnerable in your community or be a neighborhood drop point for others to leave pantry items outside your door. Gather the supplies, sanitize them and deliver to your local food shelf.
- Create a plan. Every day the needs in our communities are growing. Organize virtual meetings via Facebook or Zoom to brainstorm and share virtual volunteer ideas.
For additional resources on giving financially in a safe and impactful way, learn how InFaith and Thrivent are partnering together.
* Matching Donation Details:
- Donations must be made online through our Thrivent Choice Giving Platform. Search for your organization of choice and click "Make a Personal Donation" to get started.
- Only donations made to organizations within the current Thrivent Choice Catalog are eligible for the match.
- Thrivent will pay the online processing fees for personal donations made through InFaith Community Foundation, up to $100,000 in fees per calendar year.
The Thrivent Choice charitable grant program engages Thrivent members and Thrivent Member Networks in providing grants that support charitable activities, furthering Thrivent's mission and its purposes under state law. All grant decisions, including grant recipients and amounts, are made at the sole discretion of Thrivent. Directing Choice Dollars® is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Thrivent Choice® program and if you direct any Choice Dollars® this means that you agree to the Terms and Conditions.