Please review important updates to our Thrivent Action Team kits.
To keep generosity moving while volunteer leaders, volunteers, and the workers who pack our Thrivent Action Team kits are making a difference from their own homes, ALL Thrivent Action Team Kits applied for on or after Thursday, March 26th, will be sent with the following items only.
Items to be delivered by mail:
- Community Impact Card
- Leader Guidebook
- 10-pack of Thank You cards and Envelopes
Items to be delivered via email:
- Digital toolset to share your Thrivent Action Team online and invite others to share prayers, ideas, and photos
- Crowdfunding tools available for projects categorized as a fundraiser to benefit a Thrivent Choice® enrolled organization
Important: Although you can't select from all of the items you might normally request in your Thrivent Action Teams kit, your project will still count towards your Thrivent Action Team annual limit.
- Sew to save lives – As COVID-19 cases increase, hospitals are experiencing a shortage of protective gear. Facilities around the country are asking volunteers to sew face masks for health care workers. Find tutorials and step-by-step instructions online. Recruit volunteers in your community, use the seed money to purchase supplies and rally your team to sew for medical professionals and first responders on the front lines. Be sure to check with facilities in your community for any specific needs or instructions.
- Box up sustenance – Create meal kits for the sick, elderly or families in need. Shop online or in person. Include staples and a personalized note to brighten spirits. Volunteers can purchase kit items, pack boxes and deliver meal kits to local food pantries.
- Become a virtual host – While we can’t be face-to-face don’t miss your opportunity to connect. Send out invitations for a virtual Bible study, support group, Easter celebration (share prayers and encouragement), charades game night, book club or coffee hour. These activities will ensure a memorable connection - even from a distance.
- Social distancing doesn’t mean self isolation – Send notes and messages, can be as simple as a message in chalk on a driveway, a sign in your window or a letter across the globe. Seed money can purchase postage or mailing supplies to send notes to friends and family, or to a local veteran’s home to brighten someone’s day. Other ideas include buying chalk for your neighborhood to keep in contact and share messages on sidewalks and driveways.
- Show you care with personal care items – Emergency shelters are struggling to provide toiletries and other essentials for people experiencing homelessness. Organize a small group of volunteers to shop and deliver supplies to local shelters to keep their clients safe and healthy. Please be sure to only organize volunteers virtually and follow all CDC guidelines. Contact your local shelter for a list of specific items needed. Seed money can buy supplies.
- Encourage literacy with free little libraries – Daily reading is crucial for students to learn while at home. Build a free little library in your neighborhood. Ask neighbors to drop off books to share. Seed money can be used to purchase materials to build the library. A variation on this idea is to do a pop-up food pantry as well.
- Create activity kits for kids – Help keep kids busy during their time at home. Seed money can be used to purchase markers and coloring books, math activity books, fun crafts or STEM projects to keep kids learning and engaged while out of school.
Stay connected digitally
Stay in contact with your friends, family and other Thrivent volunteers across the globe using digital tools included in your action team approval email. Invite volunteers to share photos, post prayer requests, use crowdfunding tools (available for all Thrivent Action Teams-supported Thrivent Choice® enrolled organizations), and build a sense of community in a time of social distancing. See what members are doing to make a positive impact in their community here!
Prefer to cancel or postpone a previously scheduled Thrivent Action Team?
No problem! We encourage you to make the best decisions for your safety and the safety of your family and community. All Thrivent Action Team events scheduled for March, April or May have automatically been extended through June 30, 2020. If you would like a longer extension or want to cancel your Thrivent Action Team, please email email@example.com or call our Member Connection Center at 800-847-4836 and say "Action Teams" at the prompt.
Be sure to review and follow the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control as well as additional guidelines by public and health officials in your community.
Thrivent members may apply to lead a Thrivent Action Team today.
Visit LiveGenerously.com to learn about our $1 million donation challenge as well as ideas for volunteering virtually.